rave-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Apache in Amsterdam in October - 1 day track CFP and Hackathon/BarCamp
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 18:20:05 GMT
Just wanted to flag that I will now be at the navigation as I've been roped
into speaking at Gotocon - looking forward to seeing you all.

Ross

On Aug 3, 2011 9:30 AM, "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> On 3 August 2011 09:25, Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Anyone else up for doing some Wookie hacking in Amsterdam in October?
>
> I think it would be great, especially since some of the Rave team are
> also in Holland (Rave cc'd)
>
> Alas, I doubt I'm going to be able to justify budget on that one,
> Sept/Oct/Nov is a very heavy travel period for me. Perhaps I'll join
> via an IRC channel.
>
> Ross
>

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Nick Burch <nick@apache.org>
>>> Date: 1 August 2011 17:35:52 GMT+01:00
>>> To: committers@apache.org
>>> Subject: Apache in Amsterdam in October - 1 day track CFP and
Hackathon/BarCamp

>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> It's been a little while now since our last event in Amsterdam, but
we're pleased to announce that we'll be back (albeit in a smaller form) this
October! We'll be hosting an Apache track at GotoCon on Friday 14th, and
then a Hackathon + BarCamp on Saturday 15th. Whether you want to talk, hack
or learn, there's hopefully something there for everyone!

>>> If you might be interested in presenting, we're holding a CFP for the
track. Be quick though, it's only going to be open for one week, so get your
submissions in by this coming Sunday!

>>> GotoCon is aimed at developers, but not necessarily current Apache
users, so it's a slightly different (more outreach) audience to our own
ApacheCons. As we've only got the one track (plus hopefully a bit of the
search track too...), we're ideally looking for talks that'll cover several
projects. That could be how to combine several Apache projects to solve a
problem, giving an overview of several projects in the same space, or just
explaining how we work to an interested audience. Sucessful speakers will
get a pass to the two days of the conference, hotel and a contribution
towards travel, so get thinking about your talk! Submissions should be made
at

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE9UbjZldDREWVAyRk1saEMtbWM1d0E6MQ

>>> Whether you're someone who likes presenting or not, we'd love for as
many people as possible to join us on the Saturday. Hippo have kindly agreed
to give us some space, so we're going to be hosting a hackathon and BarCamp.
Depending on numbers, and especially on the number of people willing to
help, we may open the BarCamp up to everyone, or just keep it for committers
and potential future committers.

>>> Either way, it'll be a great chance to meet with other Apache folks,
learn about new projects, find out more about how Apache works, hack on some
code or share your ideas! If you'd like to come, please sign up on the wiki,
and indicate your interests and if you might be able to help with organising
if we open things up for a public BarCampApacheAmsterdam! The wiki is