rave-dev mailing list archives

From Sander van der Waal <sander.vanderw...@gmail.com>
Subject Rave meetup at ApacheCon Vancouver - Wed 9 Nov
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 15:06:24 GMT
Hello Ravers!

As discussed earlier [1], we'd like to get together at ApacheCon Vancouver,
7-11 November.

On Monday and Tuesday, there will be an opportunity to get together for
hacking. As Ate
mentioned earlier, there will be a big room with plenty wifi and power and
coffee(?) for anyone
interested to hack on Rave/Wookie/whatever you like. I'll be there on
both days.

The main conference is on Wed - Friday. After the previous discussion I've
indicated to the
organisers that we'd like to have a Rave meetup on Wednesday night. This is
also listed on
the ApacheCon wiki [2]. *Please go there and +1 the meetup if you can come
along. That is
important to let the organisers know about the interest in the meetup.*

The meetup is not about hacking but about discussing the project and related
projects like
Wookie. It's also an opportunity for people interested but not yet active
with Rave to come
along and have a chat. There's not really a schedule (yet) but one of the
things I'd like to do
is talk about a project we're running here in Oxford that is building
templates for Rave, called
Rave in Context [3]. It might be good to share ideas that you may have for
the meetup here.

Finally and on a personal note, I'm looking for someone to share a hotel
room with, for
part of all of the conference week. Please contact me off-list if you'd like
to share with me
(I'm squeaky clean and don't generally snore.. ;))

I look forward to seeing many of you in Vancouver!

Sander

[1]
http://markmail.org/search/?q=apache-rave+meetup#query:apache-rave%20meetup%20list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.rave-dev%20date%3A201106%20+page:1+mid:iudcsxmfwc56flln+state:results

[2] http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheMeetupsNa11