rave-dev mailing list archives

From Jasha Joachimsthal <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Rave 0.4-incubating Release Candidate
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:09:55 GMT
On 3 October 2011 12:59, Ate Douma <ate@douma.nu> wrote:

> I'm fine with the 0.4-incubating release candidate and will vote +1
> shortly.
>
> There is a minor issue however, see RAVE-292, which Jasha detected first
> and I now can confirm, in that rave-shindig breaks if its installed in a
> folder location containing spaces. That seems a 'typical' Java problem I've
> encountered endless times.

I thought first that the whole binary release was broken so that's why I
first created it as blocker. Then I noticed the space was the cause of the
issue and because it works without the space I closed it. I'll try to find
the bug which is probably in Shindig.

While an issue which should be fixed I don't find this serious enough to
> cancel the release for. There will always be issues and this one isn't too
> big a deal.

I agree.