ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Odon Copon <odonco...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Ranger on EMR + S3
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2019 11:48:54 GMT
Hi,
I'm considering using Apache Ranger on EMR + S3 and haven't found much
information about this.
Would it work out of the box if I use Ranger HDFS plugin with S3? Or does
Ranger have issues creating policies based on S3 paths?
I was assuming this was going to work because EMRFS is implementing Hadoop
interface so using HDFS or S3 should be transparent, but worried that when
creating a service, Ranger is not able to communicate with S3 properly.

Does it need some sort of S3 plugin to help Ranger be able to do this?
Anything on the roadmap?

Thanks.