ranger-dev mailing list archives

From "Zs." <gzsom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subject: [NOTICE] Mandatory relocation of Apache git repositories on git-wip-us.apache.org
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2019 21:08:27 GMT
Hi,

 Unfortunately, it still failing. I'm trying to upload the patch file from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-2317 .
I've just found a recently filed bug for infra about similar issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17525 - it could be a general
problem.

Regards,
 Zsombor

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 4:41 PM Ramesh Mani <rmani@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Zsombor,
>
> I was able to upload a test patch in review board now.
>
> Could you please check it again.
>
> Thanks,
> Ramesh
>
> On 1/1/19, 2:49 AM, "Zs." <gzsombor@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> > Maybe the reviewboard is failing because of this change, I can't upload a
> >review request, it throws an error:
> >"fatal: git cat-file: could not get object info
> >Line undefined: undefined"
> >
> >Is it just me, or a generic problem?
> >
> >Best regards,
> > Zsombor
> >
> >On Tue, Jan 1, 2019 at 6:27 AM Don Bosco Durai <bosco@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Selva, thanks.
> >>
> >> Vel, do we need to do any changes on Jenkins or any other places?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Bosco
> >>

> >> On 12/28/18, 10:12 AM, "Selvamohan Neethiraj" <sneethir@apache.org>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >>     All:
> >>
> >>     I have created RANGER-2316 <
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-2316> for updating repo
> URL
> >> in Quick Startup Guide and fixed it in the repo.
> >>     After update, I have followed the process mentioned in
> >>docs/README.txt
> >> to deploy the changes to documentation site,
> >> http://ranger.apache.org/quick_start_guide.html
> >>

> >>     Thanks,
> >>     Selva-
> >>
> >>     > On Dec 17, 2018, at 3:27 PM, Velmurugan Periasamy <vel@apache.org
> >
> >> wrote:
> >>     >
> >>     > Migration has been completed.
> >>     >
> >>     > New target URL(s):
> >>     > - https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/ranger.git
> >>     > - https://github.com/apache/ranger
> >>     >
> >>     >
> >>     >
> >>     >> On Dec 17, 2018, at 2:47 PM, Velmurugan Periasamy
> >><vel@apache.org>
> >> wrote:
> >>     >>
> >>     >> Hello Rangers:
> >>     >>
> >>     >> Thank you for your responses. Since there is agreement in the dev
> >> list (ref:
> >>

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/fb07264b623c458389c8487e53d0a236341c
> >>b733a2055e970e13e1e1@%3Cdev.ranger.apache.org%3E
> >> <
> >>

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/fb07264b623c458389c8487e53d0a236341c
> >>b733a2055e970e13e1e1@%3Cdev.ranger.apache.org%3E>),
> >> I will go ahead and open an Infra ticket to schedule the relocation of
> >>git
> >> repos.
> >>     >>
> >>     >> Thank you,
> >>     >> Vel
> >>     >>
> >>     >> ________________________________________

GIT-WIP-US
> [...]
> >>     >>>>> timeframe is between now and January 9th 2019, during
which
> >> projects
> >>     >>>>> are free to either move over to gitbox or stay put
on git-wip.
> >> After
> >>     >>>>> this phase, we will be requiring the remaining projects
> >>move
> >>     >>> within
> >>     >>>>> one month, after which we will move the remaining projects
> >>over.
> >>     >>>>>
> >>     >>>>> To have your project moved in this initial phase, you
will
> >>need:
> >>     >>>>>
> >>     >>>>> - Consensus in the project (documented via the mailing
list)
> >>     >>>>> - File a JIRA ticket with INFRA to voluntarily move
your
> >>project
> >>     >>> repos
> >>     >>>>>  over to gitbox (as stated, this is highly automated
and will
> >> take
> >>     >>>>>  between a minute and an hour, depending on the size
and
> >>number
> >> of
> >>     >>>>>  your repositories)
> >>     >>>>>
> >>     >>>>> To sum up the preliminary timeline;
> >>     >>>>>
> >>     >>>>> - December 9th 2018 -> January 9th 2019: Voluntary
> >>(coordinated)
> >>     >>>>>  relocation
> >>     >>>>> - January 9th -> February 6th: Mandated (coordinated)
> >>relocation
> >>     >>>>> - February 7th: All remaining repositories are mass
migrated.
> >>     >>>>>
> >>     >>>>> This timeline may change to accommodate various scenarios.
> >>     >>>>>
> >>     >>>>> ## Using GitHub with ASF repositories ##
> >>     >>>>> When your project has moved, you are free to use either
the
> >>ASF
> >>     >>>>> repository system (gitbox.apache.org
> >><http://gitbox.apache.org/>)
> >> OR GitHub for your
> >>     >>> development
> >>     >>>>> and code pushes. To be able to use GitHub, please follow
the
> >> primer
> >>     >>>>> at: https://reference.apache.org/committer/github <
> >> https://reference.apache.org/committer/github>
> >>     >>>>>
> >>     >>>>>
> >>     >>>>> We appreciate your understanding of this issue, and
hope that
> >> your
> >>     >>>>> project can coordinate voluntarily moving your repositories
> >>in a
> >>     >>>>> timely manner.
> >>     >>>>>
> >>     >>>>> All settings, such as commit mail targets, issue linking,
PR