ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ranger mvn build parameters...
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:21:55 GMT
Yes, I am using Linux based Docker.

Thanks for looking into it.

Bosco

On 10/25/18, 2:09 PM, "Sailaja Polavarapu" <spolavarapu@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    From the following documentation it looks like profile with OS family takes precedence.

    https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

    Profiles can also be active by default using a configuration like the following:

    <profiles>

      <profile>

        <id>profile-1</id>

        <activation>

          <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>

        </activation>

      </profile>

    </profiles>

    This profile will automatically be active for all builds unless another profile in the
same POM is activated using one of the previously described methods. All profiles that are
active by default are automatically deactivated when a profile in the POM is activated on
the command line or through its activation config.

    If you are compiling on linux, then you see this issue as the profile with os family is
taking precedence. If you are compiling in mac, we don’t see this issue. One more solution
that is specified in the above document is to use settings.xml to specify active profiles.

    Thanks,

    Sailaja.