ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Colm O hEigeartaigh <cohei...@apache.org>
Subject Plugin Shim question
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 12:22:41 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working on adding support for Hadoop 3.0.0 to the Yarn component
(RANGER-1738).

YarnAuthorizationProvider has some updated methods in Hadoop 3.0.0. It's
easy to work around this in the RangerYarnAuthorizer though, so that it
supports both Hadoop 2.7.x, 2.8.x and 3.0.0.

The problem is in the plugin shim code for RangerYarnAuthorizer. It
delegates the calls to the underlying YarnAuthorizationProvider instance.
This means it's not possible to support both 2.7.x and 3.0.0 as it is in
the plugin version of RangerYarnAuthorizer.

Any ideas on this? The only way I can think of supporting it is to have
separate plugin shims for Hadoop 2 + 3.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh