ranger-dev mailing list archives

From Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Feedback request for https://reviews.apache.org/r/56094/
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2017 20:18:37 GMT
@madhan or @ramesh or @abhay are the right folks.

Thanks

Bosco

On 11/8/17, 4:52 AM, "Colm O hEigeartaigh" <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:

    Hi,

    A user logged an issue with Yarn that I finally got around to looking at.
    The proposed patch submitted by the user is here:

    https://reviews.apache.org/r/56094/

    The problem is that a user "alice" can have the "submit-app" permission,
    but be denied the "admin-queue" permission. This should work in theory, but
    it doesn't. "admin-queue" implies "submit-app", but the Ranger policy logic
    seems to interpret this implication incorrectly, in that a "negative"
    admin-queue policy overrides a "positive" submit-app policy.

    As the change is in the core policy logic I'd like an experienced reviewer
    to take a look.

    Colm.

    --
    Colm O hEigeartaigh