quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Dylan Bacon <dba...@wisc.edu>
Subject Quickstep Network Mode and C++ Sockets
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2017 22:49:21 GMT
Hello,

I am attempting to interface with Quickstep using its NetworkCliClient
and it's not working as I would expect. I have the default port and IP
set to 3000 and 0.0.0.0 and am attempting to send single queries to be
processed over in my test harness. From what I could tell of the code
when QS is in network mode it accepts a socket connection and string
input from that function and processes it in NetworkCliClient.hpp and
NetworkCliClientMain.cpp, and yet this is not happening with my test
code. The connection is being established but Quickstep does not seem to
be doing anything with the queries that come in.

Attached is the test code that I am using. test is just a table by that
name, I'm selecting a literal from it so the contents shouldn't matter.
I've also attempted to create a table with this but Quickstep did not
process that.

--
Regards,

Dylan Bacon