quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Harshad Deshmukh <hars...@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Podling Report Reminder - September 2017
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 00:51:49 GMT
Dear mentors,

Can you please take a look at the report below?

Jignesh: Did I miss something in the development activity overview?

________________________________
From: Harshad Deshmukh
Sent: Sunday, September 3, 2017 11:50:40 AM
To: dev@quickstep.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Podling Report Reminder - September 2017

Hello,

I drafted the Quickstep podling report below. Please take a look and let me know if there
are any changes.

---
Quickstep is a high-performance database engine.

Quickstep has been incubating since 2016-03-29.

  1. Building a Quickstep community
  2. More adoption of the Quickstep technology
  3. More releases

aware of?

None

In the summer of 2017, we took efforts to spread awareness about the Quickstep project and
technology. We had many talks, particularly in the San Francisco Bay Area. The talks/venues
are listed here:

  1.  SRI International in Menlo Park
  2.  A meetup hosted by H2O.ai in Mountain View (Link: https://www.meetup.com/H2O-AI-Deep-Learning/events/241576643/?_cookie-check=en9PvHYSsw_N1Bf_)
  3.  Hortonworks in Santa Clara (Thanks to our mentor Julian Hyde for hosting)

We had also applied for a talk at BigDataWisconsin meetup but the proposal was not selected.

During the summer, the development activity was slow. There are ongoing efforts to build a
distributed version of Quickstep.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  [ ] Initial setup
  [ ] Working towards first release
  [ ] Community building
  [ ] Nearing graduation
  [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

  2017-03-25

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

  2017-05-12

---

Thanks,

Harshad