quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From "J. M. Patel" <jmp.quicks...@gmail.com>
Subject Quickstep: Ideas for demos and conferences to present
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2017 19:28:44 GMT
Hi everyone: I think Quickstep has come along nicely and it would be great to explore if we
can push further into potential adoption of this technology. There are two things here:

#1: Can we create compelling use cases for it that differentiate it from other products? One
key sweet spot for Quickstep is whenever one needs high-performance analytic query processing
on a multi-processor box. So, one can think of putting together demo scenarios to show case
this. Can you think of specific use cases that we can put together in a demo? One idea that
I have is to take the air quality data from EPA and build a Jupyter notebook with analysis
and visualization on that data, powered by Quickstep.

#2: We should consider making presentation/talks at appropriate places. I know Harshad did
that over the summer. Is there is list of high-profile conferences that we should target?

Other thoughts on this issue of pushing for adoption?

Cheers,

Jignesh