quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Harshad Deshmukh <hars...@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Upcoming Quickstep talks
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 16:38:28 GMT
Thanks Julian! The talk went well. I had an interaction with the SRI folks after the talk.
They are interested in using Quickstep for some graph analytics for a research project. They
were able to download and build Quickstep. As per the person who did the set up, "it was really
easy to set up Quickstep" - it felt really nice!

I have requested them to use the dev mailing list for any questions.

Thanks,

Harshad

________________________________
From: Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2017 2:38:26 PM
To: dev@quickstep.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Upcoming Quickstep talks

I won’t make it to the talk today, I’m afraid. I have signed up for the meet up on August
1st. See you then, and good luck with the talk today.

Julian

> On Jul 12, 2017, at 7:10 PM, Harshad Deshmukh <harshad@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello Julian,
>
> The abstract for H2O.ai is corrected, thanks for pointing it out!
>
> I asked the organizers at SRI about the talk being public and also if you can attend.
The talk doesn't seem to be open for all, but they mentioned that you (as our Apache mentor)
are most welcome to attend.

> The talk is from 1.30 PM to 3.00 PM (including the time for some interaction after the
talk). I am planning to reach there by around 1 PM. If you would like to come, please let
me know. It would be nice to interact with you in person!

> Here's the address of SRI:
> 333 Ravenswood Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025-3493
>
> I am supposed to go to the main lobby.
>
> Thanks,
> Harshad

any tweets yet about it - I'd like to retweet them.

> On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 7:25 PM, Harshad Deshmukh <harshad@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I would like to spread the word about some upcoming Quickstep talks that I will be
giving in the San Francisco Bay Area.

>>  1.  Computer Science Laboratory at SRI International<http://www.csl.sri.com/>
on July 13th
>>  2.  A meetup sponsored by H2O.ai on August 1st (Link:
>> https://www.meetup.com/Silicon-Valley-Big-Data-Science/events/24157648
>> 0/)
>>
>> Additionally we have submitted an abstract for a talk to BigData Madison, that's
going to happen in late August. Thanks to Julian for suggesting the meetup options.