quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Harshad Deshmukh <hars...@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Blog post on storage formats
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 12:47:36 GMT
Hello,

Thanks to Julian, Jignesh and Marc for your suggestions! The post is up
now -
http://quickstep.incubator.apache.org/guides/2017/03/30/storage-formats-quickstep.html

On 03/31/2017 06:18 PM, Julian Hyde wrote:
> Very nice! And pictures too!
>
> One suggestion (take it or leave it) - use colors to indicate which values belong to
which columns. If will make the difference between row- and column-oriented format more apparent.

> At some point those 3 graphics, plus the table with the data set, could be boiled down
to one slide for presentations. Similar to the one that Arrow use[1].

--
Thanks,
Harshad