quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Need for standard driver?
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 16:52:12 GMT
Long time, no talk, Marc. I should've just stayed subscribed to the list
after your last release concluded :)

FWIW, I'm hoping to rip out the transport "guts" of Avatica at some
point to be able to plug in gRPC (or similar "hot-ness"). Right now,
we're fairly well tied to Jetty server-side and commons-http client-side
for the transport.

Like Julian says, happy to entertain any discussion. Looks like I have
some context to catch up on in QS-87.

Julian Hyde wrote:
> Thanks for bringing this up for discussion, Marc.
>
> If you have any questions about Avatica (which is part of the Calcite project, but may
be spun off as a top-level project at some point in the future), I and Josh Elser will be
happy to answer them.