quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: release announcement
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2017 16:27:47 GMT
Send it to the announce list. You can see other announcements and get some ideas here: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201703.mbox/browser
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201703.mbox/browser>

Yes, it’s an opportunity to describe your mission (and unique technology) in a bit more
detail. The list has a wide audience (e.g. I get pings from analysts after announcing a calcite
release there) so use the exposure widely.

Also, it can be the first tweet on that long-neglected https://twitter.com/ApacheQuickstep
<https://twitter.com/ApacheQuickstep> account.

On the downloads page I would include the date of the release and a link to the release notes/history.
You will want to describe the baseline functionality that is in this release so that next
release you can describe what is new. At this point some projects have a “status” page
describing in bullet points what is working and what is not working.

Julian

> On Mar 25, 2017, at 8:07 AM, Harshad Deshmukh <harshad@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> I don't know about the Apache protocol, so may be the mentors may have something to say
about that.

> How about saying high performance,  relational data processing engine developed in C++?
>
> The release is very exciting! I will start another thread regarding publicity of the
release.

> Sent from Outlook for Android

later today. Is there anything special about this release that we want to mention (besides
that it's our first release)? If not, that's fine, I will send this email: ___ The Apache
Quickstep (incubating) team is pleased to announce the release of Quickstep 0.1.0 (our very
first release!) Quickstep is a high-performance C++ SQL database. The release is available
at: https://quickstep.incubator.apache.org/release Thank you, The Apache Quickstep (incubating)
team ___ --Marc