quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Spehlmann <sp...@apache.org>
Subject quickstep server
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2017 15:10:47 GMT
Hi dev,
I'm looking to make a simple TCP server interface to Quickstep so that we
can keep the db running while we communicate to it from a python program.
After investigating, I think the simplest way to do this is:

- create a Server executable which:
  - opens a TCP socket
  - forks a child with an open pipe
    - std input of the child process is redirected from the pipe
    - child process launches the main() code of QuickstepCli and goes on as
normal
  - Server process channels messages from the TCP buffer to the pipe
  - Server exits when child exits

Since I'd like to reuse the code in main() of quickstep_cli, I think this
means abstracting that code into a stand alone library.

Does anyone have any initial comments on this design?

--Marc