quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Harshad Deshmukh <hars...@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject Podling Report - Seeking feedback
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 23:36:59 GMT
Hello mentors,

May I request you to review the following podling report? Thanks for
your time.

*   Your project name
Apache (incubating) Quickstep

*   A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of
     the project or necessarily of its field
Apache Quickstep is high-performance database engine designed to exploit
the full potential
of hardware that is packed in modern computing boxes (servers and laptops).
The initial version targets single-node in-memory environments.

*   A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
     towards graduation.
1) Building a Quickstep community
2) More adoption of the Quickstep technology
3) Making the technology easier to understand and use

*   Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
     aware of
None

*   How has the community developed since the last report

Members of the community have become more aware about the release process.

The details about the release process are well documented so that future
releases will be smooth and more frequent.

*   How has the project developed since the last report.

We will have our first release this month. Since the last report,

1) We have made several changes to the code base.
Some highlights are: Cleaning up the third party library code as per the
Apache hygiene, improve the code performance by adding several novel
features.

2) Preparation for release -
Created scripts and step by step procedural documentation for how to
make a Quickstep release.

Scripts have been added to the main repo while documentation is on
confluence.

We went through several release candidates.

During this period, we identified some usability issues on our supported
platforms and fixed them.

*   How does the podling rate their own maturity.

Preparation for the first release is under way and the release is
expected to happen in this month.

--

Thanks,
Harshad