quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jmp.quicks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Podling Report - Seeking feedback
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2017 01:44:47 GMT
Thanks Harshad for taking the lead on this!

I have also uploaded this on: https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2017. We can make changes
to the wiki if there is feedback from the mentors. Let us know.

Cheers,
Jignesh

On 3/2/17, 5:36 PM, "Harshad Deshmukh" <harshad@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

    Hello mentors,

    May I request you to review the following podling report? Thanks for
    your time.

    *   Your project name
    Apache (incubating) Quickstep

    *   A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of
         the project or necessarily of its field
    Apache Quickstep is high-performance database engine designed to exploit
    the full potential
    of hardware that is packed in modern computing boxes (servers and laptops).
    The initial version targets single-node in-memory environments.

    *   A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
         towards graduation.
    1) Building a Quickstep community
    2) More adoption of the Quickstep technology
    3) Making the technology easier to understand and use

    *   Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
         aware of
    None

    *   How has the community developed since the last report

    Members of the community have become more aware about the release process.

    The details about the release process are well documented so that future
    releases will be smooth and more frequent.

    *   How has the project developed since the last report.

    We will have our first release this month. Since the last report,

    1) We have made several changes to the code base.
    Some highlights are: Cleaning up the third party library code as per the
    Apache hygiene, improve the code performance by adding several novel
    features.

    2) Preparation for release -
    Created scripts and step by step procedural documentation for how to
    make a Quickstep release.

    Scripts have been added to the main repo while documentation is on
    confluence.

    We went through several release candidates.

    During this period, we identified some usability issues on our supported
    platforms and fixed them.

    *   How does the podling rate their own maturity.

    Preparation for the first release is under way and the release is
    expected to happen in this month.

    --

    Thanks,
    Harshad