quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jmp.quicks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Managers?
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2017 16:31:25 GMT
Thanks Julian for answers to both questions!

Cheers,
Jignesh

On 2/12/17, 12:39 AM, "Julian Hyde" <jhyde.apache@gmail.com> wrote:

    I don't know whether it's even possible for more than one person to sign the release.

    The way to make the release more "trustworthy" is to strengthen the release manager's
web of trust. Have a key signing party [1] and sign each other's keys.

    If the one person who signs the release is well established in the Apache web of trust
then the release is clearly a genuine product of the Apache Software Foundation.

    Regarding the report. It's possible that you're now scheduled to report only once per
quarter. Projects are only monthly when they start out.

    Julian

    [1] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_signing_party

    Sent from my iPad
    > On Feb 11, 2017, at 2:04 PM, Jignesh Patel <jmp.quickstep@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > Hi folks: We are nearly ready to do a release. Anyone else wants to sign the release
along with me?

    > Also, I haven’t seen an email about providing input for the usual Podling report?
Anyone else has seen this? I hope I haven’t missed it.