quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Harshad Deshmukh <hars...@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject Re: release: third_party/
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 23:41:21 GMT
Hello all,

At long last, we have dealt with the third party issue. Some highlights:

1. Most of the libraries are now downloaded through a shell script.

2. The download links point to the release versions of the libraries.

3. After downloading the source code, we apply appropriate patches.

Some libraries don't have an official release yet, so we will wait until
they have a release. Until then, we have copied their entire source code
to our third party directory. I have updated the build instructions
based on these changes.

Thanks Julian, Marc and Zuyu for your help.

On 01/23/2017 09:57 PM, Jignesh Patel wrote:
> Thanks Zuyu for the nice summary! For this release, I’d support going with Harshad’s
lead, which is a single script to download the third party libraries.

> Dear Harshad: If your life is simpler with any of the other option (e.g. the issue you
are having with an old version of Ubuntu in Travis), when feel free to go with the Mesos approach.

--
Thanks,
Harshad