quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jmp.quicks...@gmail.com>
Subject Working towards a release
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2016 00:01:19 GMT
Hi guys,

I’d like to propose that we start thinking about a release.

A key issue is that we need to figure out how we want to deal with outstanding issues. There
is one critical issue (PlanVisualizer related crash). I propose that once that we have that
solved, we go forward with the release? Comments?

The guidelines for a release are at: https://incubator.apache.org/guides/release.html The
list that we need to go through is:

1.1 Checksums and PGP signatures are valid. See the Release Signing dev documentation.

2.1 Build is successful including automated tests. The expanded source archive is expected
to build and pass tests.

3.1 DISCLAIMER is correct, filenames include "incubating". See the Podling Branding Guide.

3.2 Top-level LICENSE and NOTICE are correct for each distribution. See the Licensing How-To,
plus various pages under Legal Affairs.

3.3 All source files have license headers where appropriate. See the ASF Source Header and
Copyright Notice Policy.

3.4 The provenance of all source files is clear (ASF or software grants). See the IP clearance
section of the Mentor's guide, as well as the Releases section of the Incubator's policy page.

3.5 Dependencies licenses are ok as per http://apache.org/legal/ See ASF Legal Previously
Asked Questions.

3.6 Release consists of source code only, no binaries. Each Apache release must contain a
source package. This package may not contain compiled components (such as "jar" files) because
compiled components are not open source, even if they were built from open source.

Would love to get volunteers to help on the items above. If you want to volunteer, let this
group know. I can start on items 3.1 – 3.4.

Cheers,

Jignesh