quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Harshad Deshmukh <hars...@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Working towards a release
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2016 13:25:20 GMT
Hi Jignesh,

I can volunteer. However, I am travelling until the 12th of this month. I can start working
once I am back.

A question on 3.5 - We have preprocessed parser and lexer files in the parser module. Should
we remove them?

From: Jignesh Patel
Sent: Friday, December 2, 6:02 PM
Subject: Working towards a release
To: dev@quickstep.incubator.apache.org

Hi guys, I'd like to propose that we start thinking about a release. A key issue is that we
need to figure out how we want to deal with outstanding issues. There is one critical issue
(PlanVisualizer related crash). I propose that once that we have that solved, we go forward
with the release? Comments? The guidelines for a release are at: https://incubator.apache.org/guides/release.html
The list that we need to go through is: 1.1 Checksums and PGP signatures are valid. See the
Release Signing dev documentation. 2.1 Build is successful including automated tests. The
expanded source archive is expected to build and pass tests. 3.1 DISCLAIMER is correct, filenames
include "incubating". See the Podling Branding Guide. 3.2 Top-level LICENSE and NOTICE are
correct for each distribution. See the Licensing How-To, plus various pages under Legal Affairs.
3.3 All source files have license headers where appropriate. See the ASF Source Header and
Copyright Notice Policy. 3.4 The provenance of all source files is clear (ASF or software
grants). See the IP clearance section of the Mentor's guide, as well as the Releases section
of the Incubator's policy page. 3.5 Dependencies licenses are ok as per http://apache.org/legal/
See ASF Legal Previously Asked Questions. 3.6 Release consists of source code only, no binaries.
Each Apache release must contain a source package. This package may not contain compiled components
(such as "jar" files) because compiled components are not open source, even if they were built
from open source. Would love to get volunteers to help on the items above. If you want to
volunteer, let this group know. I can start on items 3.1 - 3.4. Cheers, Jignesh