quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From HAKAN MEMISOGLU <memiso...@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject Fw: Quickstep Feedback
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 20:54:00 GMT

Hi Quickstep Devs,

This is a feedback mail for Quickstep. The users cannot submit an issue request for Quickstep
on Github.

So I have couple of questions.

- Is Apache JIRA the only place where we can submit issues?

- How can non-Apache contributors access the JIRA page?

________________________________
From: xxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 2:58 PM
To: HAKAN MEMISOGLU
Cc: xxxxx
Subject: Quickstep Feedback

Hello Hakan,

As discussed today, below are the missing quickstep features and bugs we encountered with
respect to https://github.com/apache/incubator-quickstep

[https://avatars1.githubusercontent.com/u/47359?v=3&s=400]<https://github.com/apache/incubator-quickstep>

GitHub - apache/incubator-quickstep: Mirror of Apache ...<https://github.com/apache/incubator-quickstep>
github.com
README.md Apache Quickstep (Incubating) What is Quickstep? Apache Quickstep is high-performance
database engine designed to exploit the full potential of hardware ...

[Adding it here as we the repo does not have settings to accept github issues]

  *   Missing - Union operator
  *   Missing - Intersect operator
  *   Missing - Distinct operator
  *   Missing - Drop index
  *   Missing - Create Simple index [currently it expects bloomfilter / sma / csbtree]
  *   Missing - Boolean data type
  *   Bug - describe table command \dt does not seem to support table names with underscore
  *   Bug -  limit query result returns more than expected number of rows, also order by does
not produce correct ordering

Thanks,

xxxx