quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Harshad Deshmukh <hars...@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Travis CI 50-minute Timeout
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 04:08:30 GMT
Hi Zuyu,

Completely disabling the debug builds is not ideal, in my opinion. A lot
of DEBUG ASSERT statements, which are potentially quite useful in
debugging issues, only fire up in debug builds. I see from some of the
previous pull requests that not all debug configuration run for 50+
minutes. A reasonable trade-off could be to disable only those debug
builds that run for 50+ minutes.

In any case, it is worthwhile to bring down the build time. It is also
better from developer productivity point of view. Any efforts/suggestion
in this regard are highly welcome.

--
Thanks,
Harshad