quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Hakan Memisoglu <memiso...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Accidental Push to Master
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 00:08:44 GMT
Thanks Julian. I will definitely follow this workflow.

On 09/28/2016 07:00 PM, Julian Hyde wrote:
> Yes, ASF Git is not Github. But the master branch is “protected”, in the sense that
if you do a force-push, it will send an email to the commits list noting that it was a force
push. (At least, the Calcite git repo works this way. I think this is standard behavior. I
might be mistaken.)

> Here’s a tip I find useful: I store the username and password of my GitHub fork, but
I don’t store the username and password of the Apache remote. When I push to Apache (force
or otherwise), git prompts me for username and password, and that makes me think twice before
pressing return.