quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From J Patel <jmp.quicks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mentor concerns
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2016 16:20:45 GMT
I'm on vacation - can someone take care of the website? Else, I'll do it on
Thursday.

I believe we have Jira tickets for all the main features. I'll check when
I'm back. Agreed would be good to have Jira tickets for visibility to the
community.

On a related note to perhaps clear some misconception: Some of the changes
come around when someone sees a problem and is inspired to fix it. I think
JQs plan visualization is a good example - he did it over a few days on his
own. I love that feature (I think we all do!), and discovered it when the
PR showed up. He had a great writeup in his PR (IMHO a good model for all
of us). Agreed if that didn't have a Jira ticket would be good to get in
the habit of opening one when inspiration strikes for an idea, and close it
with the final commit. But please do keep such inspiration driven features
going! I think no one wants to stop doing that.

And I very much would love for existing folks to take the lead like JQ did!