quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From "Jignesh M. Patel" <jipa...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Where are design discussions happening?
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 12:45:43 GMT
Good point Julian. Will open Jiras. The discussion is scattered as the team is all over for
the summer and the PRs have the discussion as the person starting a PR explains what is in
the feature.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 6, 2016, at 7:47 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> There seems to be quite a lot of work happening on Quickstep, but I can’t figure out
where the design discussions and decisions are being made. Very few JIRA cases have been logged
so far[1], some github pull-requests get a lot of review comments[2] but the pull-requests
themselves seem to come out of the blue, and the traffic on the dev list is mainly either
code commits of people like me nagging you to produce reports[3].

> Where are design discussions happening? Does the team have a weekly or daily meeting?
>
> I ask because if discussions are happening off-list, and in particular if decisions are
being made off-list, the project is not attractive to outsiders. People won’t be able to
find tasks to work on, and will assume (rightly or wrongly) that any contribution they might
make would be rejected.