quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jipa...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Logo?
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2016 13:11:07 GMT
This is an interesting idea Julian. I tried to do something with the Basilisk lizard, but drawing
that clipart is getting well beyond my clipart generating skills :-( Ok — so my art teacher
was right :-)

Cheers,
Jignesh

> On Jun 4, 2016, at 9:51 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Word art + cute animal mascot has worked well for a lot of Apache projects.
>
> This guy (a Basilisk lizard) seems appropriate:
>
> https://i.ytimg.com/vi/PgSvN70lJ6w/hqdefault.jpg
>
> The swoop of his tail could be incorporated into the flourish of the
> capital 'Q'.
>
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 7:25 PM, Jignesh Patel <jipatel@pivotal.io> wrote:
>> Great to hear from our resident marketing guru. Awesome suggestion Greg!
>>
>> Here is another design. It has the logo and the word art with the full system name
in it. Comments Greg? I may have misunderstood what you were suggesting.

>> Powerpoint is also attached if someone is feeling adventurous. Note to see the whole
image, you will have to zoom out in Powerpoint.

>> Cheers,
>> Jignesh
>>
>>> On Jun 4, 2016, at 8:07 PM, Greg Chase <greg@gregchase.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Cool logos Jignesh!
>>>
>>> Personally I'm a fan of word art that says what the brand is, so that everyone
will know without requiring much education.