quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Where are design discussions happening?
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 00:47:49 GMT
There seems to be quite a lot of work happening on Quickstep, but I can’t figure out where
the design discussions and decisions are being made. Very few JIRA cases have been logged
so far[1], some github pull-requests get a lot of review comments[2] but the pull-requests
themselves seem to come out of the blue, and the traffic on the dev list is mainly either
code commits of people like me nagging you to produce reports[3].

Where are design discussions happening? Does the team have a weekly or daily meeting?

I ask because if discussions are happening off-list, and in particular if decisions are being
made off-list, the project is not attractive to outsiders. People won’t be able to find
tasks to work on, and will assume (rightly or wrongly) that any contribution they might make
would be rejected.

Julian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QUICKSTEP <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QUICKSTEP>

[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-quickstep/pull/8 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-quickstep/pull/8>