quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Chase <gch...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Building a community
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 17:04:25 GMT
A few questions:

1. Who should be in Quickstep's Community?

2. Why  should they join?

3. What do you want them to do?

I'd change your goals as follows:

1. Create an ASF release
2. Acquire Early Adopters
3. Build a Community

It's hard to attract people to a community when there is little to offer.

Now, you can acquire some "early contributors" before the first ASF release
if you provide a bread crumb trail for them to contribute:
1. Try out our daily snapshot
2. Test instructions to help provide feedback in the Jira
3. List of simple Jiras any first time contributor can solve (don't fix
them yourself, make it easy for others to join)

I'd also recommend posting a more informative website so that people know
what it is that Quickstep offers and why it might interest them as a
product and a community.

-Greg

--
Greg Chase