quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Guideline To Update Copyright Header
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 22:36:11 GMT
Just make sure that you do the right thing with the files copyrighted
by somebody other
that Pivotal and Quickstep Technologies. For example, I definitely see
Google and a few
others in the codebase.

Thanks,
Roman.

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Jignesh Patel <jipatel@pivotal.io> wrote:
>> +1 to keeping the NOTICE file as short as possible. Some projects get into the habit
of adding copyrights & notices merely out of “courtesy” but that imposes a burden
on downstream projects (who are obliged by the ASL to pass on the NOTICE file intact).

>> Julian
>

> Thanks Julian for the feedback about how it is important for downstream projects! I hadn’t
thought of that — and makes perfect sense. In that spirit, we strictly only need the first
two lines, so will make the NOTICE file even simpler, and just be: