quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jign...@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Do we need 3 different InsertDestination classes?
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2016 08:20:03 GMT
A huge +1 from me to get rid of dead code!

+CC: Gerald who also worked on this a while back, in case he has some input.

Thanks!
Jignesh

> On Jun 14, 2016, at 11:36 PM, Navneet Potti <navsan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Harshad
> I’m just kicking off this discussion based on a conversation I had with Jignesh this
morning. We have 3 different implementations of InsertDestination, and I think we only really
need one, the PartitionAwareBlockPoolInsertDestination.
> The AlwaysCreateBlockInsertDestination seems to be entirely useless practically. I’m
guessing it’s a relic of early development. The normal BlockPoolInsertDestination seems
like a degenerate case of the PartitionAware one, with a single partition.

> If my understanding of the design is right, then we should refactor this code to only
have one InsertDestination. There is a lot of duplication of code and complex logic in there.
Anything we can do to simplify and clean up the code is probably a good move.