quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FINAL DRAFT] Incubator PMC Board Report - June 2016 -- feedback
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 16:17:14 GMT
Some background on formatting. The Board uses plain text for its agenda and minutes. The Wiki
is just a convenient tool that allows several podlings to edit their reports, which are then
combined into an Incubator report and incorporated in the agenda. The minutes of the last
meeting are online[1] and you can see the various podlings’ reports if you search for “Attachment
Y”.

Sorry it wasn’t clear what the format & content of the report should be. No one is upset
that you didn’t know — we’re just giving feedback. I don’t expect we'll be changing
the wiki interface, because other content in the wiki does allow markup and links, but my
best suggestion is to take a look at other podling reports, and also look through the board
minutes.

Julian

[1] https://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2016/board_minutes_2016_04_20.txt <https://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2016/board_minutes_2016_04_20.txt>

> On Jun 7, 2016, at 6:15 AM, Jignesh Patel <jipatel@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> Hi Julian and Marvin: Changes made to https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/June2016 <https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/June2016>.
Thanks for the feedback!

> Good to know about not using wiki markup. The wiki edit page is confusing as it shows
in the bottom pane the markup syntax. That seems to encourage writers to consider using makeup
to make it easier to read the report. If it is not too hard, may be worth mentioning that
writers should not use markup perhaps right upfront in the wiki (and that can be taken out
just before the final report is filed), or simply not showing the hints for markup. Just a
thought in case it helps other incubators.