quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where are design discussions happening?
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 17:53:38 GMT
Yes, happy to do that. Can you make sure that jignesh@apache.org is a JIRA user and tell me
the JIRA id.

> On Jun 7, 2016, at 10:48 AM, Jignesh Patel <jipatel@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> Dear Julian,
>
> I believe that is not me. I tried to see if I created that account and forgot the password,
but it does not appear that way. After a bit of chasing down, I think that email belongs to
https://plus.google.com/108466782913065225351/posts <https://plus.google.com/108466782913065225351/posts>.
That is not me.

> Any chance we could make jignesh@apache.org <mailto:jignesh@apache.org> be the
administrator for the JIRA?

> Yup — I agree using jignesh@apache.org <mailto:jignesh@apache.org> in every ASF
asset would be a good idea. I have just realized that of late and am trying to switch to that
whenever I can.

> Sorry for leaning so heavily on you so heavily on you Julian — thank you so much for
all your help through this especially as the ASF infrastructure needs some patience :-)

> Cheers,
> Jignesh
>
>> On Jun 7, 2016, at 11:28 AM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Jignesh,
>>
>> It looks as if you have Administrator access to the QUICKSTEP component in JIRA.
The user who is administrator is “jigneshmpatel" user (jignashmpatel at gmail dot com).

>> So, you should be able to create issues (as, in fact should anyone with committer
or contributor access) and you should also see an “Administration” tab at top-left where
you can give rights to other people. JIRA is in lockdown because of recent spam attacks, so
regular users cannot create JIRA cases.

>> Yeah, there are too many logins. I recommend that you try to use your apache ID for
as many as possible. JIRA makes it too easy to create new users.

>> Julian
>>

>>> On Jun 7, 2016, at 6:03 AM, Jignesh Patel <jipatel@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone know how to file a Jira for Quickstep? My Jira login is “jignesh”
— I can’t find a “create button”

>>> Another question — there appears to be too many different logins. Not sure
if I am doing something wrong, and not finding a way to have a unified way of managing my
identity across git, Jira, and Wiki. Does slow things down. Anyone have a better way to manage
all these across the different portions of the infrastructure?

>>> Cheers,
>>> Jignesh

figure out where the design discussions and decisions are being made. Very few JIRA cases
have been logged so far[1], some github pull-requests get a lot of review comments[2] but
the pull-requests themselves seem to come out of the blue, and the traffic on the dev list
is mainly either code commits of people like me nagging you to produce reports[3].

decisions are being made off-list, the project is not attractive to outsiders. People won’t
be able to find tasks to work on, and will assume (rightly or wrongly) that any contribution
they might make would be rejected.