quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jipa...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Where are design discussions happening?
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 13:03:06 GMT
Anyone know how to file a Jira for Quickstep? My Jira login is “jignesh” — I can’t
find a “create button”

Another question — there appears to be too many different logins. Not sure if I am doing
something wrong, and not finding a way to have a unified way of managing my identity across
git, Jira, and Wiki. Does slow things down. Anyone have a better way to manage all these across
the different portions of the infrastructure?

Cheers,
Jignesh

> On Jun 6, 2016, at 7:47 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> There seems to be quite a lot of work happening on Quickstep, but I can’t figure out
where the design discussions and decisions are being made. Very few JIRA cases have been logged
so far[1], some github pull-requests get a lot of review comments[2] but the pull-requests
themselves seem to come out of the blue, and the traffic on the dev list is mainly either
code commits of people like me nagging you to produce reports[3].

> Where are design discussions happening? Does the team have a weekly or daily meeting?
>
> I ask because if discussions are happening off-list, and in particular if decisions are
being made off-list, the project is not attractive to outsiders. People won’t be able to
find tasks to work on, and will assume (rightly or wrongly) that any contribution they might
make would be rejected.