quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Harshad Deshmukh <hars...@cs.wisc.edu>
Subject Re: [Design Discussion] StorageManager in PolicyEnforcer in Distributed Case
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2016 04:56:44 GMT
Hi Zuyu,

I understand your concern on non-availability of storage manager in
distributed case.

I am not sure I fully understand the following proposal:
 > Could Foreman creates QueryManagers directly, instead of
PolicyEnforcer::admitQuery?
Can you elaborate?

Right now, storage manager is propagated from Foreman -> Policy Enforcer
-> Query Manager -> Query Context. Developing some kind of late binding
mechanism of storage manager can be one possible solution.

--
Thanks,
Harshad