quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jipa...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Guideline To Update Copyright Header
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 23:41:34 GMT
> +1 to keeping the NOTICE file as short as possible. Some projects get into the habit of
adding copyrights & notices merely out of “courtesy” but that imposes a burden on
downstream projects (who are obliged by the ASL to pass on the NOTICE file intact).

> Julian

Thanks Julian for the feedback about how it is important for downstream projects! I hadn’t
thought of that — and makes perfect sense. In that spirit, we strictly only need the first
two lines, so will make the NOTICE file even simpler, and just be:

Apache Quickstep (incubating)
Copyright 2016 The Apache Software Foundation.

The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/ <http://www.apache.org/>).

Portions Copyright (c) 2011-2015, Quickstep Technologies, LLC.
Portions Copyright (c) 2015-2016, Pivotal Software, Inc.

Cheers,
Jignesh