quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jipa...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: When do you think you can fully transition to ASF infrastructure?
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 16:38:28 GMT
Hi Julian,

I agree with the emails that moving faster is better. Working on it.

Is there an easy way to see who has already signed the ICLA for Quickstep?

Thanks!
Jignesh

> On May 9, 2016, at 1:36 AM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Also, how is the transition to Apache email lists going? I see a couple of commits per
day going into git, and some discussion against pull requests, but no discussion on the dev
list. Where is this discussion happening?

>> On May 8, 2016, at 11:27 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On May 8, 2016, at 8:39 PM, Zuyu Zhang <zzhang@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, we need fix QUICKSTEP-2 before transiting to ASF.
>>
>> I disagree. It is much more important that you use ASF infrastructure for source
control than for CI, and the one does not block the other.

>> At Calcite it took a long time before we had CI running on ASF infrastructure. We
continued to use Travis-CI, which we’d used before ASF.

>> As Roman says, it is important for IP hygiene that commits are made directly to ASF
git, and the sooner you switch over the better. I think you can do that before you transition
CI.