quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jipa...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: When do you think you can fully transition to ASF infrastructure?
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 22:48:43 GMT
Zuyu is working with Roman on this. Thanks for the tip!

Cheers
Jignesh

> On May 10, 2016, at 5:37 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> OK, you should log an INFRA request to get Travis set up. It shouldn’t take more than
a day or two but definitely nothing will happen until you log an INFRA request. Ask the Geode
folks what they had to do to set up Travis.

> Julian
>

>> On May 10, 2016, at 3:25 PM, Jignesh Patel <jipatel@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Julian: The current workflow is to have the PRs go through Travis to make the
job of the reviewer far easier. This is what is missing and slows closing PRs.

>> Cheers,
>> Jignesh
>>
>>> On May 10, 2016, at 5:23 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> It’s a question of priority. Let’s not let the low priority stuff block the
important stuff. Moving source control is urgent. I haven’t yet heard a reason why CI should
delay moving source control.

it will certainly help the transition.

Roman to see if we can set this up.

to move fully to ASF soon. Thanks for your patience.

for source control than for CI, and the one does not block the other.

We continued to use Travis-CI, which we’d used before ASF.

to ASF git, and the sooner you switch over the better. I think you can do that before you
transition CI.