quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jipa...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Podling Report Reminder - May 2016
Date Fri, 27 May 2016 18:27:58 GMT
Sounds good. Thanks Roman and Julian. I’m just trying to understand, and as I mentioned in
my draft, we are all really happy to have you.

We are very close to moving to the ASF infrastructure. Harshad (Roman may remember him from
the internship last summer) is working on the flow of how to commit and accept PR that Zuyu
wrote up. One that is done, we should be ready to move. I’m hoping to be fully transitioned
by Tuesday of the coming week.

Cheers,
Jignesh

> On May 27, 2016, at 12:43 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> +1 to everything Roman said.
>
> And I’ll add that we are here to help and to advise, not just to govern. Apache infrastructure
is complex, we acknowledge that. There are some things that only we have permission to do,
and we’ll do those things. But the committers should do as much of the work as possible.
Learning how to navigate Apache infrastructure is painful, but it is part of the process of
incubation.