quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When do you think you can fully transition to ASF infrastructure?
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 06:27:15 GMT

> On May 8, 2016, at 8:39 PM, Zuyu Zhang <zzhang@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> Yes, we need fix QUICKSTEP-2 before transiting to ASF.

I disagree. It is much more important that you use ASF infrastructure for source control than
for CI, and the one does not block the other.

At Calcite it took a long time before we had CI running on ASF infrastructure. We continued
to use Travis-CI, which we’d used before ASF.

As Roman says, it is important for IP hygiene that commits are made directly to ASF git, and
the sooner you switch over the better. I think you can do that before you transition CI.

Julian