quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When do you think you can fully transition to ASF infrastructure?
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 22:37:35 GMT
OK, you should log an INFRA request to get Travis set up. It shouldn’t take more than a day
or two but definitely nothing will happen until you log an INFRA request. Ask the Geode folks
what they had to do to set up Travis.

Julian

> On May 10, 2016, at 3:25 PM, Jignesh Patel <jipatel@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> Hi Julian: The current workflow is to have the PRs go through Travis to make the job
of the reviewer far easier. This is what is missing and slows closing PRs.

> Cheers,
> Jignesh
>
>> On May 10, 2016, at 5:23 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> It’s a question of priority. Let’s not let the low priority stuff block the important
stuff. Moving source control is urgent. I haven’t yet heard a reason why CI should delay
moving source control.

>>> On May 10, 2016, at 3:15 PM, Jignesh Patel <jipatel@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Julian,
>>>
>>> You do make a good point, but we have a very heavy reliance on the CI and it
will certainly help the transition.

>>> Since other Apache projects do have a Travis CI, Zuyu has reached out to Roman
to see if we can set this up.

>>> Agreed about the points that both you and Roman are making — we do need to
move fully to ASF soon. Thanks for your patience.

>>> Cheers,
>>> Jignesh

source control than for CI, and the one does not block the other.

We continued to use Travis-CI, which we’d used before ASF.

to ASF git, and the sooner you switch over the better. I think you can do that before you
transition CI.