quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When do you think you can fully transition to ASF infrastructure?
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 16:55:06 GMT
Regarding getting communication onto the ASF list. Rather than waiting until the perfect moment
when everyone is on the Apache list, just tell developers to stop other channels, right now.
Within hours the communication will have moved to the public list.

Regarding figuring out who has submitted what agreement, there are some useful links here:

https://people.apache.org/ <https://people.apache.org/>

But remember you don’t need to sign a CLA to join the dev list. Anyone can join.

I’m not sure why Quickstep is not showing up at https://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?podling=quickstep
<https://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?podling=quickstep>. Other mentors, any ideas?

Julian

> On May 9, 2016, at 9:38 AM, Jignesh Patel <jipatel@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> Hi Julian,
>
> I agree with the emails that moving faster is better. Working on it.
>
> Is there an easy way to see who has already signed the ICLA for Quickstep?
>
> Thanks!
> Jignesh
>
>> On May 9, 2016, at 1:36 AM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Also, how is the transition to Apache email lists going? I see a couple of commits
per day going into git, and some discussion against pull requests, but no discussion on the
dev list. Where is this discussion happening?

>>> I disagree. It is much more important that you use ASF infrastructure for source
control than for CI, and the one does not block the other.

>>> At Calcite it took a long time before we had CI running on ASF infrastructure.
We continued to use Travis-CI, which we’d used before ASF.

>>> As Roman says, it is important for IP hygiene that commits are made directly
to ASF git, and the sooner you switch over the better. I think you can do that before you
transition CI.