quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jhyde.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Podling Report Reminder - May 2016
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 07:22:45 GMT
+1

I like Greg’s suggested goals.

As the project matures, the goals will become more focused. For example, you might decide
to speak at meetups / conferences as means of achieving #1.

The importance of #3, making a release, cannot be stressed enough. Also, making a release
under the Apache process is more difficult and time-consuming than you probably realize, so
I suggest to start early!

Julian

> On Apr 24, 2016, at 10:15 AM, Jignesh Patel <jipatel@pivotal.io> wrote:
>
> Thanks Romand and Greg for the coaching!
>
> I have taken Greg’s input below and added that verbatim to the goals.
>
> Cheers,
> Jignesh
>
>> On Apr 24, 2016, at 12:09 PM, Gregory Chase <gchase@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jignesh,
>> Since Quickstep is now in Apache, your issues related to graduation are
>> more about improving collaboration, community development, and adoption.
>> The technical goals achieved by the committers will happen according to
>> their design.
>>
>> I recommend something like:
>> 1. Find, nurture, and collaborate with an expanded cadre of contributors
>> from different organizations, electing the most dedicated as additional
>> committers
>> 2. Demonstrate open collaboration and decision making among contributors,
>> committers and the PPMC in The Apache Way
>> 3. Create one or more usable official releases of Apache Quickstep
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Jignesh Patel <jipatel@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>
>>> I just entered info for Quickstep. Here it is for quick reference.
>>> Comments or corrections?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jignesh