quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Apache Quickstep (incubating) on-boarding
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 01:48:17 GMT
On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Jignesh Patel <jipatel@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Dear Roman and Julian,
>
> It will be a pain as we have to sync back in the same order as there are dependent PRs.

Please give me an example of something that may be painful.

> The cloning came somewhat of a surprise and caught us in the middle of a sequence
> of PR that are targeting a milestone that is about 10 days off (getting TPC-H running
> end-to-end before the students get off to the end-of semester sprint).

Sure. But the cloning has little to do with PRs. Basically there's a
state of the repo
on ASF and Your side. That state needs to be synchronized (manually) one last
time right before you all decide to cut over and start using ASF Git
as a single source
of truth. That part is super simple and has little to do with PRs.

Thanks,
Roman.