quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Jignesh Patel <jipa...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Apache Quickstep (incubating) on-boarding
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 01:47:04 GMT
Dear Julian,

This makes sense. All the contributors have signed the Pivotal ICLA so this simply pushes
the cloning/switching date. We are all eager to move to the new Apache system, but if possible
would be great to do it at a point that allows a more natural transition.

But, if it is too late then that is ok — we’ll work through it.

Regards,
Jignesh

> On Apr 18, 2016, at 6:19 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>
> By the way, in case you’re wondering why Roman is suggesting this: a pull-request to
Apache represents a contribution, which implies legal consent to Apache’s terms. A patch
attached to a JIRA case is the same. But a pull request to a non-Apache github project or
say a URL pasted into a JIRA case doesn’t imply consent. As committers you’re all going
to become hyper-aware of what constitutes “clean” IP.