quickstep-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Quickstep (incubating) on-boarding
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 01:56:21 GMT
I agree with Roman. There’s not much information content in a PR. For example, take https://github.com/pivotalsoftware/quickstep/pull/177
<https://github.com/pivotalsoftware/quickstep/pull/177>.

As a committer, you can do the following:

$ git remote add pivotalsoftware https://github.com/pivotalsoftware/quickstep.git <https://github.com/pivotalsoftware/quickstep.git>
$ git fetch pivotalsoftware
$ git checkout master
$ git merge —ff-only pivotalsoftware/use-cache
$ git push origin master

The pull request tells you the source branch (pivotalsoftware/use-cache) plus the fact that
the requester consented to contribute the code to Apache.

It doesn’t matter that you put the pull request into apache/quickstep rather than pivotalsoftware/quickstep,
as long as  you have consent.

Julian

> On Apr 18, 2016, at 6:48 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Jignesh Patel <jipatel@pivotal.io> wrote:
>> Dear Roman and Julian,
>>
>> It will be a pain as we have to sync back in the same order as there are dependent
PRs.