From Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>
Subject Re: The mod_python wiki has materialized!
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:31:07 GMT
Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> On 13/09/2006, at 8:45 AM, Jim Gallacher wrote:
>
>> Woot Woot Woot! We have our wiki!
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/mod_python/
>>
>> Now comes the hard part... what the heck are we going to do with it? :)
>
> Ahhh, more work. :-(
>
> Obviously the FAQ stuff can go over there, but I would really like to
> see the
> main LaTeX documentation converted and hosted there so it can be updated
> more easily. Might have to ask Grisha's opinion on that, he might want
> to see
> something be able to still be downloadable with the source code itself. In
> practice though, how many actually use the LaTeX source to generate their
> own documentation, I would guess most go to the web site anyway. We would
> have to be careful though to make sure we annotate features to show over
> time at which version they were introduced, since we will not have parallel
> snapshots of documentation for each major release.

Regarding hosting the official documentation within a wiki...

A topic that has recently come up on infra@ is that anything that is
editable by people without ASF CLAs on file is ineligible to be shipped
as part of an official Apache release.

Just thought I ought to call attention to that point, if wiki-fication
of the main docs is being considered.

Other projects have approached this by having two separate wikis, the
documentation one being write-access-restricted to CLA-ed people.

Max.