From Jim Gallacher <...@jgassociates.ca>
Subject Re: Fix to compile trunk on windows
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:54:00 GMT
Dan Eloff wrote:
> Unrelated question, is it "ok" to use the trunk in a development
> environment? It will usualy work, or should I expect it to blow up in
> my face more often than not?

At this point in the development cycle you are fairly safe. As later
messages in this thread indicate you've been caught up in a problem with
the Windows build environment rather that a mod_python bug. It's my
personal opinion that trunk should always be in a fairly stable state so
that people *can* use in their own development environment. That way we
can catch problems that may be introduced early resulting in better and
more timely releases. That being said, it is the development branch, and
breakage may happen. :)

Encouraging people to use trunk in their project development implies
that we have some sort of a predictable release schedule. People won't
like it if they use some new nifty feature in trunk but don't know when
it might be available in a stable release for use in production. Just
something to think about when we are planning our timelines.

Jim