From Jorey Bump <l...@joreybump.com>
Subject Re: Fix to compile trunk on windows
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 03:52:11 GMT
Graham Dumpleton wrote:

> The only area I guess one may have to be careful with is if you have used
> PythonPath directive to extend module search path, especially if you
> reference directories in the document tree. This may result in mod_python
> complaining in the Apache error log at you and in worst case, if you have
> Python packages in document tree, it will not find them.

Can you clarify this a bit? Does it follow that the use of PythonPath to
extend the module search path to directories *outside* of the document
tree will still be safe? I use this extensively to isolate code to
virtual hosts. I *never* include packages or modules that exist in the
document tree in PythonPath, if that's a consideration.